Development, Technology and Change, Testing
£80,000 to £85,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
An exciting opportunity for a Test Manager to join a growing global insurer and be responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the Development and Test capabilities. Managing a team of FTE and outsourced resources, the individual will ensure that all testing and development deliverables meet defined standards, SLA’s and performance metrics.
A key focus of the Test Manager role will be to establish and define Test and Environment Management strategy and standards, aligning to industry best practice, frameworks and controls.
To succeed in this role, a strong understanding of technology, agile development methodologies, testing best practices and experience in environment management is essential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Day to day management of the IT Development and Test team.Define the IT Test framework strategy
- Management of stakeholder expectations surrounding development and testing delivery.Resource planning and allocation of testing tasks/activities to third party resources.
- Management and co-ordination of IT environments, including the gathering of environment testing requirements for projects and BAU development activities, to facilitate allocation or provisioning of relevant services to support testing.
- Responsible for producing test documentation for stakeholder review and approval, including but not limited to, test estimates, strategy, test plans, test readiness reviews and completion reports.
- Management and maintenance of Testing and Development tooling.
- Management of the application development backlog.
- Oversee and facilitate the business User Groups, to ensure that business requirements are captured and prioritized.
- Driving continuous improvement in coding standards and development delivery capabilities.
- Management and oversight of the re-platforming of business-critical applications in alignment with the digital strategy.
- Review and continuously improve IT Development and Test tooling suite.
- Forward planning / management of demand on test and development resources.
- Contribute towards building a short to medium term project delivery strategy in collaboration with IT or Business Change projects stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing an in-house or outsourced Development and Testing capability.
- Strong understanding of SDLC and testing methodologies.
- Experience in IT Environment co-ordination, provisioning and management is essential.
- Demonstratable experience in managing a hybrid of FTE and third-party resources.
- Experience in working with Microsoft AZURE or other cloud platform technologies.
- Extensive experience in managing 3rd party vendors.
- Must have previous experience within the (re)-insurance market (ideally Lloyd’s).
- Working within a regulated financial environment with an understanding of control and governance frameworks.
- Strong written, verbal and presentational communication skills.