Analysis, BI Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst, Data & Analytics, MI Analyst, Technology and Change
£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
An exciting opportunity for a Systems Architecture Analyst to join a growing and dynamic international insurer and partner with all areas of the business and IT and help implement fully integrated solutions as their enterprise architecture evolves.
You will capture business requirements and look at systems holistically to assess interfaces between applications, databases and middleware systems.
The successful applicant will be familiar with the entire system development life cycle in particular analysis, design and test with an understanding and appreciation for the business processes that support the end-to-end solution.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define business requirements in an innovative and robust fashion, be willing to create component architecture diagrams to illustrate data flow / application integration requirementsUnderstand business data, e.g. premium and claims, and how this maps to system / data architecture
- Data lineage – be able to trace data from front end data entry systems through middleware systems to back office reporting suites to support functional requirements / solution design / root cause analysis
- Business Intelligence – responsible for IT data sets, e.g. their scope, intended use, and how these are made available to the business
- Form strong business partnerships in order to extract, analyse and document business processes and communicate these to the business and IT
- Evaluate proposed solutions and challenge appropriately – be able to identify the benefits and risks of changes and communicate the impact accordinglyBe able to communicate complex changes to non-technical stakeholders
- Liaise with Development Team and the business to ensure requirements are understood from all sides
- Assist in testing against acceptance criteria, including development of test scripts
- Support the development of training material and facilitation of workshops
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones with help from the Delivery Lead, identify scope creep, anticipate bottlenecks and escalate as appropriate
- 1 - 3 years’ experience; Working with multi-system architectures;
- Able to work with analysis and reporting solutions involving large sets of relational / star-schema data;Implementing new systems, prioritising change requests and highlighting reasons for change;
- Process analysis, data mapping and data analytical skills using SQL and Excel;
- Keen eye for detail, ability to scrutinise, think critically, and ask the right questions.
- SQL with ability to navigate database solutions (tables/view/stored procedures)
- Reconciliation based testing with ability to identify root cause of differences;
- Problem analysis – identify root cause of issues and what impact this has on the systems / data;
- Comfortable with investigating application configuration and how that maps to business processes;Innovative mind-set with rigorous standards of quality;
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written;
- Pro-active, self-organiser who can plan detail of work to be undertaken and act to ensure it happens.