Development, Technology and Change
£50,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Pension + Excellent Benefits
A leading Lloyd's syndicate has an exciting opportunity for a SQL Developer to join a growing dynamic team.
- Build high quality database and reporting solutions which meet the Company’s Management Information requirements.
- Develop high quality programming solutions that adhere to the Company’s coding standards, procedures and techniques, keeping the IT Applications business plan within focus.
- Assist with maintaining the clients applications on a day-to-day basis to ensure optimum levels of system performance and minimal downtime.
- Provide support and troubleshooting assistance to end users and the rest of the IT team to identify system performance issues and rectify issues.Document proposed solutions and timeframes for resolution as required.
- Document system development procedures and best practices in line with Company’s coding standards, procedures and team techniques.
- Maintain strong IT disciplines are being upheld for IT applications to meet relevant internal, regulatory and compliance and risk management standards and these are embedded into the Company’s operating and reporting processes in order to protect the Company against IT security breaches, financial crime and matters surrounding intellectual property rights.
Essential Skills / Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a SQL Developer or similar role
- Experience in data warehousing and dimensional modelling.
- Experience with DevOps lifecycle including CI/CD processes.
- Experience working with Git based source control.
- Experience in Power BI development.
- Experience in Microsoft MDS (Master Data Services).
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience working in AGILE teams.
- Follow SDLC standards, source-code management, and release-management procedures.
- Strong T-SQL programming skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2017+.
- Solid knowledge of SSIS.
- Knowledge of SSRS and SSAS including cube and tabular model.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, MDX and DAX.
- BIML scripting.
- Query tuning skills to improve performance, reduce complexity & increase maintainability.
Systems & I.T
MS Office – Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
SharePoint; SQL Server 2017+; Visual Studio 2017+; MS SSIS/SSAS/SSRS; MS MDS; DevOps; Power BI; Azure