Analysis, Security, Technology and Change
£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A growing global insurance business has an exciting opportunity for a SOC Analyst to join our newly established SOC team and support their cyber security roadmap and protect the business.
The SOC analyst will be the first to respond to cyber security incidents. They will be required to report on cyber threats and implement any changes needed to protect the organization.
- Reports to Security Operations Center (SOC) Team Leader
- Monitoring our SIEM (Security Incident and Event Management) tool to detect suspicious events and abnormal activities
- Triaging events through validating suspicious events and incidents by use of dedicated tools.
- Ability to escalate with effective reporting to level 3 SOC Analyst or Seniors Stakeholders.
- Developing, building, and implementing use cases within SIEM for our expanding estate and key stakeholders
- Documenting and managing incident cases to utilise information for stakeholder engagement to provide insight and intelligent recommendations
- Providing incident management through effective monitoring, reporting and technical guidance for successful resolution
Essential Skills/ Experience
- Be willing to learn how to resolve technical issues
- Demonstrate an interest in Cyber Security
- Be detail orientated and show the ability to take a structured approach to procedures and working instructions
- Have an aptitude for understanding and analysing data for troubleshooting purposes
- Strong written communication, critical thinking, and analysis skills.
- Understanding of key security concepts and attack types such as phishing, malware, vulnerabilities, Cyber Kill Chain, and attack stages.
- An analytical mindset, capable of digesting a wide range of information and making practical judgements based on available data and context.
- A desire to keep learning with a curious and creative mindset