Infrastructure, Security, Technology and Change
£60,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Citrix Engineer to join a global growing insurance business and be responsible for the overall direction, development, enhancement and maintenance of the enterprise Azure hosted Citrix environment. This includes analysis, planning, development and implementation of new features and enhancements to provide required levels of service to the organisation.
- Provides input into innovation roadmaps, maintenance scheduling, life cycle management, and capacity management for the Citrix environment and related dependent technologies.
- Primarily responsible for the implementation, and support of solutions related to Citrix projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration, planning, and problem-solving for the Citrix environment on a 24x7 basis.
- Identify inefficiencies, gaps and issues, and drive the analysis and documentation of technical requirements for enterprise Citrix architecture, guiding adoption of and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Candidate MUST have strong Citrix experience including but not limited to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Machine Creation Services and Director as well as operational responsibility over user experience configuration and management. Ideally this will include Citrix as a SaaS implementation.
- Must have strong experience of profile and application management technologies and techniques to ensure best user experience.
- Must have strong experience with Active Directory and associated technologies required to support Citrix services.
- Strong Azure experience relating to both Citrix and server & component configuration and performance in cloud hosted environments.Manage and maintain Citrix NetScaler configuration and operation.
- Must have strong experience of high availability techniques and technologies to support enterprise Citrix deployments.Develop processes and procedures to ensure managed environments maintain the highest levels of availability, security, and quality.
- Follow all set procedures and policies pertaining to the Change Management system.Develop capacity forecasts for managed environments that are proactive and prevent problems prior to outages.Manage "crisis situations" to a satisfactory conclusion (even under stress).
- Provide guidance on topics broadly related to information security risk and compliance.Serves as escalation point and provide troubleshooting guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Candidate must be able to accommodate schedule flexibility to deal with escalations and occasional changes during non-core business hours.
- Accurately maintain all documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts etc.
- Ensures IT Leadership is aware of all known and identified risks to system availability, performance, reliability and security.
Essential Skills / Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant Citrix experience supporting a production environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure, specifically as it relates to a Citrix SaaS environment.Azure (or other) Load balancers for Netscaler HA setup
- Previous experience managing and deploying applications within a Citrix hosted environment ideally including the use of application layering technologies.
- Strong familiarity with security issues surrounding network computing and experience in implementation of security systems and controls.Expert knowledge of Kerberos, LDAP, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP and GPO's in a Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2016 environment.
- Experience with printing in Citrix hosted environments.
- Significant experience with Windows operating systems scripting and troubleshooting.
- Experience with user and security administration in the Windows environment.Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Non-Windows Server architectures, Virtualization Technologies.
- Candidate must have a technologist mindset with aptitude to work on complex projects while possessing organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to cross-train team members.
- Strong ability to adapt to an extremely dynamic environment comprising of high degree of complexities and priorities.
- Knowledge and experience of LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of Azure Landing Zones, Automation, PowerShell, Terraform
- Any knowledge of working with AWS