Technology and Change, Testing
£75,000 to £85,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A prestigious fast growing London Market insurance business has a new and exciting opportunity for a QA Test Engineer to Quality Assure their applications whilst supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining their IT applications and processes in London through analysis, ongoing administration, maintenance and enhancement of the applications.
You will develop high quality programming solutions for the test environment that adheres to the Company’s coding standards, procedures and techniques and assist in the development and implementation of IT application projects to provide high quality technology solutions and develop innovative and strategic applications.
- Develop QA methodology for Development which aligns to our Application development.
- To be full conversant with Agile Scum management
- To identify and adopt new QA technologies with further enhance the QA process
- To Mentor junior members of the QA Team
- Develop manual and automated testing practices in line with the application requirements
- Maintain and enhance the current test suite
- Provide support to end users through all cycles of testing and make amendments to the code as necessary so that business requirements are being met.
- Report development progress to development team leader as per the agreed project plan and quality standards.
- Adhere to development team’s coding standards, procedures and best practice.
- Develop and document procedures and best practices.
- Maintain applications on a day-to-day basis to ensure optimum levels of system performance and minimal downtime.
- Provide support and troubleshooting assistance to end users and the rest of the IT team.Independently and proactively troubleshoot, research and resolve challenging problems.
- Document and deploy all changes to system configurations and application builds.
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately and provide timely progress updates.
- Follow departmental workflow processes and work in a transparent manner.
- Document the new features and solutions.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the London insurance market.
- Ensure that standardized Group IT procedures and controls are upheld, maintained and reviewed as required in line with industry practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure that potential Conflicts of Interest are properly managed in order to avoid disrepute to the Company’s integrity.
- Report any suspicion of financial crime to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer immediately.
- Advise and adhere to Company’s standards information security protocols and D.P.A.
- Advise Compliance of any complaints immediately.
Essential Skills / Experience
- At least 8 Years Developing Automated tests
- Experience testing Angular applications
- SQL Server
- Azure DevOps or Jira experience
- Knowledge of Web APIs and testing Web APIs
- Experience testing .NET applications
- Reviewing and analysing system specifications
- Collaboration with developers and other QA’s?to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Executing test cases (manual and automated) and analysing results
- Creating logs to document testing phases and defects
- Reporting bugs and errors to development teams
- Helping troubleshoot issues
- Conducting post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Insurance Industry knowledge (London market preferred).
- Azure or other cloud hosting