Analysis, Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst, Change & Transformation, Technology and Change
£70,000 to £80,000 Per Annum
Bonus, Pension + Excellent Benefits
A fast growing global Insurance / Reinsurance business has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to responsible for collaborating with the Digital Product Managers, business system owners, and users to capture the right business requests and accurately translate them into specifications that aid design, coding and testing of complex software applications within the organisation, demonstrated though an advanced knowledge of software development principles and best practice gained from either direct exposure to in-house development teams or from the use of third party tools such as product builders and rates/rules engines.
The incumbent performs a liaison function between the Digital Prouct Manager, business users, end customers, software engineers, QA analysts and wider IT Network and Infrastructure teams, to implement software solutions and integrations in order to accurately realise business goals.
- Works with the business users, customers and DPM to accurately capture all stakeholder requests and translate them into system specifications which typically include functional, non-functional, user interface, reports and external interface specifications.
- Works with software engineers to ensure that the engineering realisation is in accordance with the business specification.
- Works with the testers to ensure that all software components are tested adequately and participates in Quality Assurance testing as the IT workload requires.
- Provides guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project and program objectives.
- Manages requirements risks by proactively tracking and communicating issues, and devising methods to mitigate them.
- Liaise with other project and program areas to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Lead the analysis, mapping and communication of current and future state business processes.
- Supports business units in the resolution of complex user questions and issues.
- Maintains an in-depth working knowledge of new technology and business analysis standards & practices.
- Collaborates with IT management and where appropriate owns processes to define and develop documentation & business analysis artefact standards, guidelines, processes, and templates.
- Advanced knowledge of the Insurance business domain, SME and/or London Market, including exposure to relevant business systems, as well as a more general exposure to and so understanding of data solutions and IT Network, Infrastructure and Security.
- Advanced knowledge of software development principles and best practice gained from direct exposure to either in-house development or third party tools such as product builders and rates/rules engines.
- In depth knowledge of business analysis processes and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of computer software development (SDLC), IT/computer terminology, and software applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile software development processes.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate and convey information to business owners and software engineers and testers.
- Strong customer service skills to provide end user/business owner systems support on high-level issues.
- Demonstrable experience working with third party vendors.
- Demonstrable experience of SQL scripting.
- Understanding of usability and user experience best practices.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Proven ability to convey technical concepts in a clear, understandable way demonstrating excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish credibility, influence and effective working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Comfortable interacting and collaborating at all levels across the organisation including offshore teams.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and rapidly changing environment.
• Required knowledge & skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience in software development & architecture design, including project management and business analysis.
• Significant management experience would typically be required.