Analysis, BI Analyst, Business Analyst, Data & Analytics, MI Analyst
£55,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A leading Lloyd's syndicate has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst to partner with all areas of the business and IT to help implement fully integrated solutions as their enterprise architecture evolves to support business growth.
You will review data integration and data processing requirements, design and execute tests, and track quality assurance metrics, e.g. number of defect / status counts.
The successful applicant will have a strong background in quality assurance, and be familiar with the entire system development life cycle to be able to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Define project specific test approaches in an innovative and robust fashion to illustrate how data integrations and data processes will be validated against business requirements
- Understand business data, e.g. premium and claims, and how this maps to system / data architecture
- Data lineage – be able to trace data from front end data entry systems through middleware systems to back office reporting suites to support test scripting / execution
- Evaluate proposed functional requirements to be able to identify test requirements / acceptance criteria early on in the systems development life cycle
- Define detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans / test scripts including acceptance criteria covering all types of testing, e.g. regression, functional, non-functional.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate quality testing activities
- Execute testing against acceptance criteria, and provide test progress metrics to project stakeholders
- Standardise testing where possible for each application, identify areas which could benefit from test automation
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones with help from the Delivery Lead,
- identify scope creep, anticipate bottlenecks and escalate as appropriate
Essential Skills / Experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience;
- Working with multi-system architectures;
- Able to work with analysis and reporting solutions involving large sets of relational / star-schema data;
- Data mapping, data analytical, and developing reconciliation reports using SQL and Excel;
- Proficient in MS SQL and able to write queries for data extraction, and investigate further through scripts for determining logic implemented;
- Keen eye for detail, ability to scrutinise, think critically, and ask the right questions
- SQL with ability to navigate database solutions (tables/view/stored procedures)
- Reconciliation based testing with ability to identify root cause of differences;
- Problem analysis – identify root cause of issues and what impact this has on the systems / data;
- Comfortable with investigating application configuration and how that maps to business processes;
- Innovative mind-set with rigorous standards of quality;
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written;Pro-active, self-organiser who can plan detail of work to be undertaken and act to ensure it happens.