Development, Technology and Change
£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
An exciting opportunity for a Junior Developer to join a new digital team within a leading global (re)insurer and develop industry leading and cutting-edge software.
- Working in collaboration with the Digital Products team to leverage cutting edge technologies for commercial gain through the development of enterprise-level APIs and external customer portals
- Investigating client issues as a priority, providing quick resolution
- Build and execute test strategies using toolsets and methodologies while ensuring traceability with requirements/acceptance criteria
- Developing and maintaining tools to help execute or automate tasks
- Creating ad-hoc fixes or workarounds where necessary
- Provide technical support to clients integrating with Digital Products
- Maintaining and adjusting reporting tools to produce Data Analytics to improve data insights and business opportunities
- Setting up and maintaining client configurations and application settings
Skills and Experience:
- Development experience and proficiency in C#, .NET, ASP.NET and .NET Core technologies.
- Familiarity with Object Orientated programming concepts.
- Experience of modern API technologies including REST and JSON architectural styles, applying Industry best practices during API design and development.
- A good understanding of testing and test automation.
- Familiarity with industry leading testing approaches and testing tools.
- Strong SQL Server skills and knowledge.
- Experience with GIT and branching strategies.
- Enthusiastic about developing and supporting market-leading technological products
- Ability to generate new ideas and ways in which things can be improved
- Can successfully communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrable experience of creative problem solving
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage priorities and deliver high-quality work