Technology and Change
£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A leading technology embracing Lloyd's syndicate has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Specialist to join a growing IT team and deliver a high level of customer service by providing high quality IT support and service, both in-person, remotely and by phone, to address IT requirements across the business.
- Log all IT issues and allocate priority and aspects of support in order to action resolution within agreed timeframes.
- Provide desk side (in-person) and remote support to analyse, troubleshoot and resolve user issues in order of priority, working towards resolution or, when required, re-assignment to the appropriate IT team.
- Provide white glove treatment to all staff including VIPs.
- Proactively solve issues and problems for hardware and software requirements.
- Build all new laptops using Autopilot and ensure equipment is ready and functional for use in a timely manner and as required.
- Carry out daily office checks to ensure all systems are working in the office including meeting rooms with Logitech Tap systems.
- Manage the administration of Active Directory ensuring it is accurate and up to date.
- Working with HR with regards to onboarding and offboarding
- Keep all users updated on any immediate network matters/issues.Install and configure hardware and software for new joiners, internal moves or for ad-hoc system requests in line with the associated incident request.
- Monitor the status of all logged IT issues ensuring that they are actioned within the agreed SLAs and thereafter reporting issues to line manager when required.
- Monitor all aspects of the support service provided to users in the UK and Europe offices including response times, identify trends against SLAs and provide regular reporting to the management team.
- Identify potential problems, investigate, analyse, and report on status to the management team.
- Transfer knowledge and technical expertise to other team members and end users.
- Create and guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Assist with updating the company intranet website (SharePoint).
- Help maintain the inventory ensuring it is accurate and up to date.
- Work with 3rd Party teams to request and order IT equipment.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer that has the ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, remote connection systems and troubleshooting basic network issues.
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Professional and positive, self-motivated, and self-sufficient.Ability to multitask
Latest Microsoft Office versions; Active Directory (AD Manager); Latest Windows OS’s (10/11); Dell Laptops and Docks MEM Teams (calling) Autopilot; Global Protect VPN Remedy; Citrix; VM Ware; Apple hardware (iPhones); DUO; Microsoft SharePoint; Crestron room panels AV Conferencing kit (Logitech Tap)