Infrastructure, Technology and Change
£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A well established and high performing insurance business has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Analyst to join a dynamic fast paced IT team and be responsible for covering the role of internal IT technical support contact for first line day to day user support and application systems support.
- Provide technical support with 3rd party assistance, triage and, where appropriate, escalation or resolution of hardware and software issues for internal staff.
- Provide IT guidance and best practice to internal staff and its Underwriting Cells.
- Liaise with third-parties that extend beyond Tech Quarters.
- Demonstrate a confident presence when dealing with IT matters to both suppliers and staff.
- The role incorporates problem solving and can necessitate making recommendation to third party experts – requesting that they consider alternative methods for resolution. For complex cases, it is expected that the ISA manages unresolved issues to resolution until fully resolved and communicates effectively.;
- Internal IT contact for suppliers and staff
- Support staff with daily IT issues
- Maintain logs including issues, downtime, change, assets
- Train new staff when on and off-boarding
- Raise and manage support tickets through to conclusion
- Escalate to internal IT team where appropriate
- Be the ‘right hand man’ for the in-house Service Desk Analyst
- Effectively capture, understand, define and document business requirements
- Participate in workshops and interviews with our users and stakeholders
- Carry out admin duties on Instanda, Xuber, Qlik-sense, intranet and website platforms
- Site administration and development of SharePoint
- Support, development and change of application reporting and data
- Working in general areas of IT providing support where required
Essential Skills / Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft product
- Experience of providing user support from desktop to application issues
- Experience of working with 3rd party support vendors
- Experience of report production and data analysis
- Experience of working with business users to define application development
- An ability to write business requirements that gather users’ key criteria and align these to commercial and technical considerations will be a key to your success
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Stakeholder management or workshop facilitation experience is an asset
- SharePoint experience desirable but not essential.
- Exposure to the insurance industry
- Excellent Communication Skills
You may also be interested in...
A great opportunity for an IT Business Analyst to join a talented team within a global insurance / reinsurance business and work on a mixture of IT & digital transformation projects including cloud initiatives, system integrations and application upgrades
Salary: £60,000 to £65,000 Per Annum Sector: Analysis, Technology and Change, Business Analyst Contract Type: Permanent Town/City: London City
A prestigious fast growing London Market insurance business has a new and exciting opportunity for a QA Test Engineer to Quality Assure their applications whilst supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining the Company’s IT applications and processes in London through analysis, on...
Salary: £75,000 to £85,000 Per Annum Sector: Technology and Change, Testing Contract Type: Permanent Town/City: London
A fast growing insurance / reinsurance business has an urgent requirement for a Security IT Project Manager to deliver a key strategic project. This role will support the Business Change & Technology functions with the delivery of a project to conduct an assessment on their IT G...
Salary: £700 to £900 Per Day Sector: Technology and Change, Change & Transformation, Infrastructure, Security, Project Management Contract Type: Contract Town/City: London City
A leading Lloyd's syndicate has an exciting opportunity for a SQL Developer to join a growing dynamic team.
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 Per Annum Sector: Technology and Change, Development Contract Type: Permanent Town/City: London City
An expanding, prestigious London Market insurance business has a fantastic opportuniuty for a cyber security incident response engineer to work within their global security team. Primarily this role will be structured with a dotted line into the security incident response mana...
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000 Per Annum Sector: Technology and Change, Security Contract Type: Permanent Town/City: London City