Infrastructure, Technology and Change
£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A well established and high performing insurance business has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Analyst to join a dynamic fast paced IT team and be responsible for covering the role of internal IT technical support contact for first line day to day user support and application systems support.
- Provide technical support with 3rd party assistance, triage and, where appropriate, escalation or resolution of hardware and software issues for internal staff.
- Provide IT guidance and best practice to internal staff and its Underwriting Cells.
- Liaise with third-parties that extend beyond Tech Quarters.
- Demonstrate a confident presence when dealing with IT matters to both suppliers and staff.
- The role incorporates problem solving and can necessitate making recommendation to third party experts – requesting that they consider alternative methods for resolution. For complex cases, it is expected that the ISA manages unresolved issues to resolution until fully resolved and communicates effectively.;
- Internal IT contact for suppliers and staff
- Support staff with daily IT issues
- Maintain logs including issues, downtime, change, assets
- Train new staff when on and off-boarding
- Raise and manage support tickets through to conclusion
- Escalate to internal IT team where appropriate
- Be the ‘right hand man’ for the in-house Service Desk Analyst
- Effectively capture, understand, define and document business requirements
- Participate in workshops and interviews with our users and stakeholders
- Carry out admin duties on Instanda, Xuber, Qlik-sense, intranet and website platforms
- Site administration and development of SharePoint
- Support, development and change of application reporting and data
- Working in general areas of IT providing support where required
Essential Skills / Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft product
- Experience of providing user support from desktop to application issues
- Experience of working with 3rd party support vendors
- Experience of report production and data analysis
- Experience of working with business users to define application development
- An ability to write business requirements that gather users’ key criteria and align these to commercial and technical considerations will be a key to your success
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Stakeholder management or workshop facilitation experience is an asset
- SharePoint experience desirable but not essential.
- Exposure to the insurance industry
- Excellent Communication Skills