Change & Transformation, Infrastructure, Project Management, Security, Technology and Change
£700 to £900 Per Day
A fast growing insurance / reinsurance business has an urgent requirement for a Security IT Project Manager to deliver a key strategic project. This role will support the Business Change & Technology functions with the delivery of a project to conduct an assessment on their IT General Controls (ITGC). The IT Project Manager will oversee and manage all activities related to the ITGC project and ensure the project is managed to required standards, issues are managed and escalated appropriately and senior stakeholders are kept informed of project status.
- Collate the full list of actions and tasks relating to the IT General Controls project into a delivery plan per control area and track progress reporting updates on a required basis to Senior level stakeholders (including C-suite level)
- Liaise with the IT Department Managers during planning, to understand resources that are required to complete actions considering resource required to complete the task and availability, highlighting any resource issues/conflict that arise.
- Collate and report on project updates from all project resources on progress, giving early sight of any delivery conflicts and constraints that impact the planned dates, producing resolution options to assist with decision making.
- Ensure issues and resolution actions that arise from the assessment or external audit are documented and project scope managed appropriately, planning for subsequent phases where required.
- Communicate progress against the current plan and delivery and escalate any deviations from tolerance
- Understand the required control attestation framework (from the SOX programme) for ongoing BAU and the level of evidence gathering required.
- Work with the IT Department Managers and SOX programme to produce a delivery plan for the embedding of this framework.
- Highlight any BAU constraints that providing this controls framework will cause and assist IT Management in producing resolution options and ongoing business cases if required.
- The role will be required to report into the Business Change function and adhere to the PMO delivery framework.
- Liaise with management across the business to ensure there is always an approach of continuous improvement and implementation of best practice
- Effectively document and surface relevant information
- Remove blockers to ensure project success in a pro-active manner
- Manage risks, issues, deadlines, dependencies and present status reports at agreed frequencies
- Work with the Infrastructure team (and other teams as needed) to ensure the functional and non-functional requirements of projects and programmes are known and are properly supported, fit for purpose, and kept up to date
Essential Skills / Experience
- 3-5 years + experiencing managing technology projects, infrastructure and security projects will be most beneficial
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office suite (inc. MS Project), SharePoint, JIRA and/or alternative Project Management software
- Knowledge of IT Security & Control frameworks such as SOX, ISO27001 or NIST.
- Ability to implement projects and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience formulating and assigning actions, taking notes, and providing summaries of workshop/meeting outcomes
- Experience managing project plans and tracking risks, issues, dependencies
- Perform detailed and critical analysis of various parts of our ecosystem as required, provide clear and concise feedback and make efficient suggestions for improvement
- Foresee and communicate potential problems before they arise
- Strong customer service mentality with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong motivational and people skills, helping team members to excel in a culture of collaboration and openness
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills, with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced enterprise level environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with proven ability to influence change.
- You should be able to communicate clearly and with purpose, working effectively with team members and stakeholders across the organisation
- Clear ability to run and manage processes efficiently, including change processes, aligning with other teams as needed
- Able to deliver objectives assigned to you with a strong sense of urgency