Technology and Change
£85,000 Per Annum
A leading Lloyd’s syndicate has an exciting opportunity for an IT Operations Manager to join a growing team and provide dedicated focus on configuration, maintenance and technical operation of the region’s applications and their related platforms within the wider Group IT environment as a result of rapid expansion and increasing complexity of their IT estate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Secure Configuration of Application Environments
Maintain secure configuration of application environments and cloud platform services, in coordination with application owners and the group IT security team.
Software Updates and End-of-Support Management for Business Applications
Monitor security updates, service packs/cumulative updates and end-of-support dates of software and services required by the company’s applications. Work with the relevant teams (Group IT, application owners, vendors, developers) to evaluate, plan and execute upgrades/migrations.
Ensure production sites and core business applications are configured to support disaster recovery capabilities in accordance with regional business requirements and group IT standards.
Cloud Service Expenditure
Monitor the company’s cloud service expenditure; identify opportunities to optimise costs relative to service configuration and work with local management, application owners and group IT to take action accordingly.
Server Equipment Rooms
Reporting to the Group Director of Global Infrastructure and Networking, ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for server equipment rooms in the region.
Endpoint devices (workstations, mobiles, peripherals) are standardised across the group.
This role will act as a regional coordinator on behalf of Group IT to ensure a smooth and secure process for purchasing, receiving, storing, issuing and ultimately disposing of devices and hardware components in the region. This will involve working with local teams (facilities, compliance, accounts payable, human resources) as well as the local subsidiaries of group suppliers.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Extensive experience administering the Microsoft Windows application stack (Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server)
- Solid experience configuring cloud platform services for enterprise applications (Microsoft Azure strongly preferred)
- Experience in a team leadership role line-managing system administrators
- Experience formulating and documenting disaster recovery procedures
- Management of suppliers and service providers
- Strong analytical mindset; ability to decompose business applications into their constituent technological parts and understand the dependency relationships between them
- Highly process-orientated; rigorous and disciplined approach to change management
- Cross-functional coordination, including with non-technical teams (e.g. facilities)
- Solid understanding of concepts related to disaster recovery, business continuity, high availability, data replication, data backups, and the differences between each of these
- Solid understanding of Windows domain environments and Active Directory concepts
- Solid understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Good understanding of requirements for server equipment rooms
- Understanding of the concepts of cryptography and public key infrastructure
- Understanding of machine virtualisation platforms (VMWare preferred)
- Understanding of site recovery technologies (e.g. Azure Site Recovery, VMWare Site Recovery Manager)
- Understanding of source control platforms and CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps Pipelines preferred)
- Experience of working within the London Insurance Market