Infrastructure, Technology and Change
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A growing Lloyd's syndicate has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Desktop Engineer to to join a dynamic IT department and support end-users and resolve technical problems.
The responsibilities of the IT Desktop Engineer include responding to technical queries and issues, resolving problems in a timely manner and providing technical recommendations. You will be the escalation point for the local desktop support team will and also provide a level of support to the Global IT Infrastructure team.
As an IT Desktop Engineer, you should be able to provide exceptional customer service and be comfortable operating at all levels, including Executive level. You should be able to display excellent problem-solving skills and strong knowledge of IT solutions.
- Local VC system configuration, management, and maintenance.Installing and configuring client computer systems.
- Responding to IT support requests.
- Providing technical support on-site or via remote-access systems.
- Offering solutions that meet the needs of the client.
- Repairing hardware malfunctions, software issues, and networking problems.
- Maintaining good client relations.
- Performing analysis of root causes.
- Working alongside our 3rd party IT Support team to support the company.
- Install and configure server environments.Active Directory configuration and management.
- Developing checklists for reoccurring problems.
- Developing recommendations for procedures to prevent problems.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Performing routine inspections and upkeep of existing installations.
- Updating computer operating systems and other important software, as needed.
- Substantiating requests for hardware and software purchases and upgrades, if appropriate.
- Building, maintenance and support of laptops and mobile devices
- Coordinating and performing desk moves and set up of new desk.
- Printer & Scanner checksMeeting room checks and confirming all systems are running as expected.Work on Infrastructure projects from design to implementation.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Managed Active Directory and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot AD issues.
- Familiar with Office 365 and Azure platform.
- Previous experience with Watchguard, HP, Hyper-V and Dell hardware.
- Passionate about delivering excellence.Achieve results and targets – “Can do attitude” with initiative and drive.
- Knowledge and experience working within an ITIL style service environment.
- Capabilities needed to deliver in-person and remote IT support.
- Fantastic installation, diagnostic, upgrade abilities.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Forbearing, flexible, and supportive.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An openness to learning new technologies.
- Supporting Microsoft operating systems, office suite
- Knowledge of ServiceNow would be beneficial.