Analysis, Business Analyst, Technology and Change
£70,000 to £80,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A great opportunity for an IT Business Analyst to join a talented team within a global insurance / reinsurance business and work on a mixture of IT & digital transformation projects including cloud initiatives, system integrations and application upgrades.
The role will sit within the Group IT department, primarily responsible for supporting a range of initiatives focused on Cloud and Digital Transformation.
The BA will be responsible for gathering, evidencing, and documenting requirements and benefit analysis associated with each project as well as supporting user testing through the development of use cases. To be successful in this role, you will require good analytical and communication skills with experience around traditional business analysis techniques setting up and facilitating workshops to gather information, document requirements and/or user stories, investigating the as-is and to-be business processes.
We are looking for a versatile individual who can make effective and highly valued contributions to activities across the project lifecycle. Due to the engaging nature of the role, you will need to work from the office 2-3 days per week.
- Supporting development of requirements, use cases, Pilot/UAT support
- Capturing requirements for all projects up front and agreeing approach, with a focus on success factors and MoSCoW prioritsation
- Write up and facilitate POC/Pilot test cases and approach
- Knowledge of business analysis tools, techniques and best practice approaches, including end-to-end requirements management.
- Shows pragmatism in being able to select and adapt the right approach for the right situation.
- Can quickly develop domain knowledge to credibly engage with stakeholders on the problem statement.
- Delivers quality outputs at pace in both structured and fluid/challenging project environments.
- Builds strong engagement with SMEs, and establishes good relationships with business sponsors, project stakeholders, and supplier delivery teams.
- Assures the delivery of business requirements to ensure that the solution is fit for purpose.
- Experience of project lifecycles delivered within a range of project delivery methodologies including Waterfall & Agile.
- Skilled at leveraging excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for the IT initiatives.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- 3+ years of business analysis or related role in software, technology, or insurance services.
- Beneficial domain experience in Azure cloud and M365.
- Previous business analysis experience at a project level.
- Experience of working in both agile and waterfall environments.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of working on IT/digital transformation projects.
- Experience of working with Agile delivery methods with Kanban and Scrum teams
- Strong cloud migration experienceInsurance experience is preferred
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate using both qualitative business language as well as quantitative data-driven information.