Analysis, Architecture, Change & Transformation, CIO / COO / CTO, C-Suite, Development, Head / Director of Delivery,Strategy,Change,PMO, Infrastructure, Project Management, Security, Technology and Change
£100,000 to £125,000 Per Annum
A growing global insurance business has an exciting and newly created Head of Syndicate Applications opportunity to support the Group Head of IT, providing strategic oversight of the application landscape, the successful delivery of the application roadmap and delivery assurance of application delivery teams.
- Oversee the day-to-day output of the application management and testing functions.
- Oversee relationship with strategic partners, ensuring that delivery is in line with contractual obligations and commercial negotiations are effectively managed.
- Manage all 3rd Party outsourced Application Management and Software Services, ensure SLAs and KPIs are being met and development is to a high standard to support business requirements.
- Oversee the set-up and subsequent maturity of an environment management and testing function.
- Review current delivery model, making recommendations for improved ways of working based upon industry best practice with a view to increasing efficiency and reducing costs.Introduce the concept of Product Management and implement any quick wins which may improve business engagement and efficient, collaborative ways of working across IT.
- Work alongside the DSP (Digital Security Programme) to ensure that IT policies and standards are relevant and up to date, identifying gaps and making recommendations for the introduction of new standards where appropriate
- As a member of the TDA, work closely with the Architecture team to identify new products and services that could be introduced to the clients estate in line with overall business strategy.
- Maintain awareness of trends within the London Market and engage with the Lloyd’s digital roadmap, understanding how any changes will impact their TOM and the provisioning of service going forward.
- Awareness of existing and emerging industry-specific technology products and services.
- Ensure that overall delivery meets regulatory requirements in line with compliance standards.
- Ensure that the Syndicate Application Team is prepared for internal and external audits.
- Ensure that all relevant actions identified during internal audits are completed.
- Ensure that all identified risk controls are implemented and operating as designed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Accountable for the delivery and management of Application Roadmap project, ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget, with risks and issues effectively managed.
- Report into the project portfolio board and contribute to decision making and priority calls of all inflight application projects.
- Managing Application Development and Testing functions
- Environment Management
- Agile Project DeliveryStrategy
- Design and Implementation
- Understanding of architectural principles
- DevOps Practices and CI/CD
- Working within a Product Management-focussed environment
- 3rd Party vendor management/Outsourced contracts
- Cloud Enablement
- Containerisation and Microservices
Skills and Attributes
- Forward thinking, strategic and innovative mindset
- Business focussed and able to work with senior business stakeholders
- Pragmatic and logical
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leader with senior presence
- Able to break through ambiguity and present simple yet effective solutions to problems