Infrastructure, Technology and Change
£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
An exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer to join a growing IT team within a leading international insurance / reinsurance business
You will provide world-class on-site Deskside Support for their London office-based colleagues.
Responsibilities will include support of Microsoft desktop technologies, hardware troubleshooting, meeting room management and support and troubleshooting for core applications. To action incidents and requests assigned by the Global Service Desk and as well as received via the self-service portal.
Working in the UK Deskside support team who form part of the wider Global Deskside support team.
The role is based in their London office 5 days a week and provides onsite and remote support to colleagues in the UK.
- Local VC system configuration, management, and maintenance.Installing and configuring client computer systems.
- Responding to IT support requests.
- Providing technical support on-site or via remote-access systems.
- Offering solutions that meet the needs of the client.
- Repairing hardware malfunctions, software issues, and networking problems.
- Maintaining good client relations.
- Performing analysis of root causes.
- Working alongside our 3rd party IT Support team to support the company.Install and configure server environments.
- Active Directory configuration and management.
- Developing checklists for reoccurring problems.
- Developing recommendations for procedures to prevent problems.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Performing routine inspections and upkeep of existing installations.Updating computer operating systems and other important software, as needed.
- Substantiating requests for hardware and software purchases and upgrades, if appropriate.Building, maintenance and support of laptops and mobile devices
- Coordinating and performing desk moves and set up of new desk.
- Printer & Scanner checks
- Meeting room checks and confirming all systems are running as expected.Work on Infrastructure projects from design to implementation.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Managed Active Directory and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot AD issues.
- Familiar with Office 365 and Azure platform.
- Previous experience with Watchguard, HP, Hyper-V and Dell hardware.
- Passionate about delivering excellence.
- Achieve results and targets – “Can do attitude” with initiative and drive.
- Knowledge and experience working within an ITIL style service environment.
- Capabilities needed to deliver in-person and remote IT support.
- Fantastic installation, diagnostic, upgrade abilities.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Forbearing, flexible, and supportive.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An openness to learning new technologies.
- Supporting Microsoft operating systems, office suite
- Knowledge of ServiceNow would be beneficial.