Analysis, BI Analyst, Data & Analytics, Development, Technology and Change
£70,000 to £85,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A leading global insurer / reinsurer who have recently delivered of a new cloud-based data warehouse and Power BI reporting capability has a fantastic opportunity for a Data Developer to join a growing analytics / development team focused on all aspects of data and analytics.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work within a entrepreneurial environment, delivering real business value who enjoys being given space to deliver.
A proactive approach, attention to detail, an eye for aesthetics, and the ability to think of “outside of the box” based on the possibilities of data is essential.
- This person must be comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders and have knowledge of the insurance data domain, ideally with experience of the Lloyd’s market.
- Understand data needs, challenges and reporting requirements
- Deliver new insights and capabilities
- Ownership of stakeholder relationships and solutions
- Solving real business problems using data
- Responsible for developing the data offering aligned with business requirements
- Responsible for take up and usage of data across the organisation.
- Liaise with third party vendors
- Ensuring data is being managed effectively.
- Working with consultants to ensure capabilities align with expectations
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Experience of delivering reporting
- Capable of understanding data models and interrogating data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Able to document business logic
- Able to produce high quality documentationInsurance domain experience
- Experience working in the insurance market directly with stakeholders
- Experience of working with dimension models / star-schemas
- Knowledge of Data Quality methodologies
- Microsoft BI stack knowledge
- Power BI experience, with strong knowledge of the tool, architecture and features with solid experience in delivery.
- Experience with paginated and dashboard styles
- Expert working with the DAX language
- Keeps up to date with the latest developments
- Aware of the integration with the rest of the Microsoft eco-system
- Proficiency working with SQL (5+ years)
- Ability to query, trace and analyse databases and data warehouses.
- Knowledge of DQPro and/or Ataccama Reference Data Manager (RDM) and/or leveraging DQ/MDM capabilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure solutions