Analysis, BI Analyst, Data & Analytics, MI Analyst
£600 to £650 Per Annum
6 Months +
A leading global insurance business has an urgent 6 months + contract requirement for a Data Analyst to partner with all areas of the business and IT to help build out and maintain analysis data sets required by end users from our core underwriting systems, including the enterprise data warehouse.
You will have a strong understanding of SQL and data modelling techniques with the ability to retrospectively document a database data model, and map this to front-end screens.
- Work with business teams to understand their reporting use cases and turn those reporting use cases into deliverable scope statements
- Translate business reporting uses cases / requirements into technical data requirements, e.g. source-to-target mappings, by iteratively building out proof of concept (PoC) SQL outputs that satisfy those requirements
- Unit test PoC SQL outputs ensuring data presented does not break data integrity and aligns with data shown in persisted database layer
- Liaise with Data Engineering Team to turn PoC SQL outputs into automate data feeds / sets in Power BI / SQL database depending on the skill set of the end user
- Independently create data dictionaries for internal front-end systems detailing how fields in the user interface map to the database, including entity relationship diagrams
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones with help from the Delivery Manager, identify scope creep, anticipate bottlenecks and escalate as appropriate
Essential Skills / Experience
- Working with multi-system architectures;
- Able to work with analysis and reporting solutions involving large sets of relational / star-schema data;
- Data mapping and data analytical skills using SQL and Excel;
- Keen eye for detail, ability to scrutinise, think critically, and ask the right questions.
- Line management of technology resources to deliver on set tasks and objectives
- SQL with ability to navigate database solutions (tables/view/stored procedures)
- Innovative mind-set with rigorous standards of quality;
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written;Pro-active, self-organiser who can plan detail of work to be undertaken and act to ensure it happens.