£140,000 to £200,000 Per Annum
City of London
Leading Syndicate/Managing Agency that is growing from strength to strength. Excellent track record and this role will be leading a highly-technical close knit team:
1.Extensive experience in the London market, preferably with Lloyd’s experience.
2. Holder of a Chief Actuary (non-life with Lloyd’s) practising certificate
3. Advanced knowledge of reserving.
4. Advanced knowledge of pricing and capital models
5.Advanced knowledge of the actuarial techniques for general insurance lines of business.
6. Knowledge of various IT tools including, but not limited to, Excel, Access, Sequel, Word.
7.Experience in leading project work to completion. Able to formulate appropriate judgement based on actively gathering all relevant information and input and defend this judgement when challenged.
8.Ability to communicate with a number of stakeholders and adapt style for different stakeholders.
9. Ability to manipulate and analyse data to identify trends and anomalies, working to a high level of accuracy.
10.Engage with other market actuaries in order to independently challenge reserve projections, and build a good network of contacts within the market
11. Work with Finance, Compliance and Underwriting teams in the development of the Actuarial Function
12 Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards and regulations
13 Collaboration: a strong team worker who is able to work well with others and establish strong relationships both internally and externally.
14 A detailed understanding of the Lloyd’s insurance market and the regulatory framework in which it operates
15 Experience of advising and participating at Board and Committee level meetings