Analysis, BI Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst, Data & Analytics, MI Analyst
£500 to £600 Per Day
6 Months + Inside ir35
I currently have an urgent 6 month + contract opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to join a growing London Market insurance business and help implement fully integrated solutions as their enterprise architecture evolves to support business growth.
You will be able to capture business requirements and look at systems holistically to assess interfaces between applications, databases and middleware systems.
You will be familiar with the entire system development life cycle in particular analysis, design and test with an understanding and appreciation for the business processes that support the end-to-end solution.
- Form strong business partnerships with Business Excellence to understand the business process / requirements
- Evaluate business requirements and challenge appropriately – be able to identify the benefits and risks of change and communicate the impact accordingly
- Be able to communicate complex changes to non-technical stakeholders
- Translate business requirements into system requirements in an innovative and robust fashion, e.g. creating wire frames, functional design documents, wiki pages, user stories, and be willing to create component architecture diagrams to illustrate data flow / application integration requirements
- Liaise with Business Users, Software Engineers and Software QAs to ensure system requirements are understood from all sides
- Assist in defining detailed, comprehensive and well structured test plans / test scripts including acceptance criteria covering all types of testing, e.g. regression, functional, non-functional
- Execute testing against acceptance criteria, and provide test progress metrics to project stakeholders
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate analysis / testing activities
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones with help from the Head of Enterprise Application Architecture, identify scope creep, anticipate bottlenecks and escalate as appropriate
Essential Skills / Experience
- Proven end-to-end software development life cycle experience
- Creating and documenting Business Use Cases, System Requirement Specifications, User Stories, Test Cases
- Implementing new systems, prioritising change requests and highlighting reasons for change;
- Process analysis, data mapping and data analytical skills using SQL and Excel;
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written;
- Pro-active, self-organiser who can plan detail of work to be undertaken and act to ensure it happens.
- Keen eye for detail, ability to scrutinise, think critically, and ask the right questions.Innovative mind-set with rigorous standards of quality;Problem analysis – identify root cause of issues and what impact this has on the systems / data;Previous experience working within
- Comfortable with investigating application configuration and how that maps to business processes;
- London Market insurance essential