Development, Technology and Change
£60,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A fantastic opportunity for a BI Developer to be part of a dynamic team within a leading international insurance business undergoing an exciting period of growth.
Must have Skills
- At least 4 years of commercial experience within General insurance essential
- Expertise in data modelling and development of analysis solutions using Microsoft technologies such as SQL Server and Analysis Services.
- Proven experience working on projects that utilise Star/snowflake schemas.
- Able to translate business intelligence requirements into technical deliveries that are clearly scoped and structured.
- Positive & proactive “can-do” attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise.
- Top-notch analytical & problem solving skills.Attention to detail.
- Ensuring that designs adhere to best practices and perform optimally when delivered.
- Able to communicate with technical and business colleagues at all levels in a clear, effective and professional manner.
- Experience working with SSAS multidimensional cube and tabular model with performance tuning experiences.
- Experience in ETL routine and pipelines.
- Experience of creating analytical report using SSRS and PowerBI.
- Experience in data warehousing.Experience in TFS, Git Hub, Azure DevOps.Microsoft SQL query writing skills.
- Able to follow current SDLC standards, source-code management, and release-management procedures.
- Experience in MDX/DAX/M query writing
- Experience working with Azure SQL Server and Azure Analysis Services
- Understanding of master data management concepts and Microsoft Master Data Services
- Able to design, build and maintain database objects such as Tables, Views & Stored Procedures to support new product functionality and optimize existing ones for performance.Low-level SQL optimisations such as implementing partitioning schemes and implementing columnar column-store indexes in SQL2017+.
- Experience with deploying SQL changes in a repeatable, reliable manner (CI/CD experience a big plus).
- Experience working in AGILE teams.