£50,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Actuarial Pricing Analyst
Established Lloyd’s Carrier
£50,000 - £65, 000
To work as part of the actuarial team providing pricing support to the underwriting team, advising on risk selection, and supporting business reporting needs.
- Support the underwriters to assess pricing adequacy on individual accounts both open market and binders.
- Develop, review and enhance the pricing models for each line of business including price monitoring.
- Monitor Class and Business performance by assessing key pricing metrics against planned targets.
- Communicate findings and develop supporting pricing actions.
- Utilise knowledge of the market to adapt pricing techniques in order to achieve organisational targets
- Develop rate change and price adequacy analysis by line of business, class and/or individual risk.
- Build effective working relationships with the Underwriting department, providing training and support to underwriting teams where necessary
- Examine historic loss information (internal and external data) across the portfolios to enhance the performance of the accounts.
- Assist with the actuarial elements of the business planning process.
- Assist with the parameterisation of the internal model.
- Ad hoc analyses to support management as required.
- Manage and collaborate group-wide pricing projects.
- Student Actuary of the Institute of Actuaries making good progress with CT exams.2:1 in a highly numerate degree.
- Grade A at A-Level Mathematics.
- Minimum 2 years actuarial experience.
- Good Excel, VBA and Access skills.
- Experience using R and SQL are desirable.